Sign Up for Updates on the New Auburn License Plate
It's taken five years, lots of calls and email, and all kinds of Auburn spirit.
So, thank you. And thank you to Rep. James Grant.
You can read the bill here or below.
(81) AUBURN UNIVERSITY LICENSE PLATES.—
- (a) The department shall develop an Auburn University license plate as provided in this section and s. 320.08053. The plate must bear the colors and design approved by the department. The word "Florida" must appear at the top of the plate, and the words "War Eagle" must appear at the bottom of the plate.
- (b) The annual use fees from the sale of the plate shall be distributed annually as follows:
- 1. Up to 10 percent of the moneys raised from the sale of the plates may be used for continuing marketing and promotion of the plates by the Tampa Bay Auburn Club.
- 2. In each school district that has a district prekindergarten through grade 12 public school foundation or a direct-support organization, the moneys raised in that schooldistrict through the sale of Auburn University license plates must be distributed to the foundation or organization for enhancing educational programs.
- 3. In each school district that does not have a district prekindergarten through grade 12 public school foundation or a direct-support organization, the moneys raised in that school district through the sale of Auburn University license plates must be distributed to the district school board and must be used at the discretion of the board for enhancing educational programs.
Now, the important part. We need to make sure there is demand. If the Governor signs the bill, which we expect, the law goes into effect on October 1, 2020.
If you're already on this list, that means we have your email. But there are thousands of Auburn alumni and fans in Florida that need to know when and where to request the plates.
Please share this link with them:
When we have new information, we'll share it through email.
Thank you and War Damn Eagle!!!